Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do the venue hire fees include?
Use of The Oak Barn on Friday (from 12 noon) until Sunday (2pm) – including exclusive use of accommodation consisting of 3 bedrooms, sleeping 6-8 people, or Tuesday (2pm) until Thursday (12 noon).
- 90 banquet chairs/17 trestle tables if required
- 1 round 6’ table
- “In house” sound system
- 4 serviced lavatories
- Illuminated car parking facilities
- Terrace furniture
- Lawns/gardens for drinks and photography during the day
- Heating system throughout the barn
2. What is the booking procedure?
- To secure a date we ask for a non-refundable deposit of one third of the cost
- The balance is payable 3 months before the wedding
3. Who will be there from The Oak Barn and what will they do?
A member of the venue team will be present to oversee:-
- the setting up of the barn;
- the arrival of caterers, registrars etc;
- health and safety
4. Can we supply our own alcohol?
Yes you can supply your own wines and champagne for arrival drinks, wedding breakfast and toast. Recycling to be organised by yourselves.
5. Can we bring our own caterer?
Yes, whilst we have suggested caterers we are willing to discuss alternatives (you are responsible for requesting to see their Health & Hygiene certificates). You are responsible for ensuring that the Caterers dispose of waste off site in accordance with all relevant environmental legislation.
6. Do you supply tablecloths, china and cutlery?
No, caterers or specialist companies can supply your table linens, china and cutlery, also glassware if appropriate;
We supply enough for those staying in the barns and farmhouse for the weekend.
7. Can I have a Cheese Wedding Cake, Chocolate Fountain, Fish & Chip Van or Mr Whippy Ice Cream Van?
Yes, but they must be supplied by professionals, who will be present with the equipment throughout. You are responsible for ensuring they have relevant Health & Hygiene certificates, valid PAT testing of equipment, and their Public Liability insurance.
8. Are we able to use a friend/s as the DJs/Band?
All Bands and DJs must have Public Liability Insurance and the equipment used must be Portable Appliance Tested. You are required to ensure this. All Bands/DJs/Performers must also adhere to our Terms and Conditions regarding noise levels, finish and departure times.
9. Do you have a changing room for the DJ/Band or performers?
Yes, we can normally find a room for performers to change in.
10. Can we have staging erected for our DJ/Band?
Unfortunately staging is not permitted within the barn for any performers, due to health and safety.
11. Can we use our own florist or photographer?
Yes, we have a list of suggested florists and photographers which we highly recommend on our website, however you are permitted to use your own choice of florist and photographer.
12. Is there additional accommodation on site?
Yes, we have four more double bedrooms (one downstairs disabled friendly) available in the farmhouse for a flat fee of £125 per room for two nights. Breakfast is not usually included. There is also self-contained accommodation upstairs in The Acorn Barn available for £125 if downstairs is hired. New in 2017 – The Linhay with bridal suite, lounge and make up area upstairs and downstairs two more bedrooms sleeping 7 in beds in this building. One downstairs bedroom is disabled friendly. Hire cost of £500 for the whole building or downstairs bedrooms can be hired separately at £125 each for 2 nights. All our prices include VAT.
13. Is there car parking available on site?
Yes ample parking area. We also have disabled car parking.
Vehicles left at owners’ risk. Cars can be left overnight, collection before 2pm Sunday (mid-day Thursday)
14. Can we have an outdoor Humanist Ceremony
Under the Oak Tree in the garden is a magical spot, or a woodland ceremony – we can put you in touch with celebrants for non religious ceremonies.
15. What is the finishing time?
Music must finish at 11.30pm and the venue has to be cleared by 11.45pm. After 11.45pm the only people within the building will be those people staying in the accommodation or on the farm.
16. Is confetti allowed?
Only petals not paper confetti.
17. What are the restrictions on decorations?
If table confetti, rice, glitter, table party bombs are used we do ask that you take responsibility for clearing up.
18. Are there any restrictions on floral decorations?
No, however we do ask people be respectful of our oak beams, oak flooring and lime plaster walls, so we ask that no nails, pins, sellotape or glue be used.
19. Can we have candles, if so what are the restrictions?
Yes you can have candles when sensibly used. We reserve the right to move poorly placed candles.
20. Can we smoke inside the venue?
21. Its summer and we’re having drinks in the garden – can our musicians play outside?
Yes, however only non-amplified music is permitted after 9pm.
22. Can we have fireworks or sky lanterns?
Out of consideration to the environment, neighbours and wildlife sky lanterns are not permitted. Professional firework displays permitted on request (see our links page).
23. Do you have an extra room for children, nursing mothers or the elderly to use as a quiet space?
Yes, there is a room in the main farmhouse that can be used. Please ensure children are supervised (no permanent marker pens!)
24. Can our Photographers view the venue in advance of our Wedding?
Yes photographers are welcome to view by appointment.
25. Civil Ceremony
If you wish to marry in The Oak Barn, The Acorn Barn or in the gardens to book your Civil Ceremony please contact Customer Service Centre at the Devon Registrar Office on 0345 155 1002.
At the start of the Hire Period we will provide you with a clean Venue.
At the end of the Hire Period please leave the Venue reasonably clean, clear and tidy. We will thoroughly clean but if cleaning is required in excess of what we consider to be normal for such a function we will deduct such additional cleaning costs from your Damage Deposit.
Please note there is an additional minimum charge of £50 if people are ill on site through drinking to excess.
Sorry no pets allowed on the premises due to animals and children.
- Final payment 3 months before wedding
- Cautionary refundable damage deposit 7 days before event
- Agents/suppliers list –7 days before event
- List of all guests staying in the barns/farmhouse/camping 7 days before the wedding
- Conduct – name of two people appointed to remain at end of event to secure all guests leave the venue
- Time plan of your day is also helpful to us